Mining Projects Sierra Leone
- Project name: Gori Hills Gold Project 1
- Location: 380 km east of capitol Freetown
- Plus Code: C67R+FG Yemberu, Sierra Leone
- GPS coordinates in DD (Decimel degrees) - Lat, Long: 8.41372,-10.75871
- Area: 1 km2 = 247 Acre = 100 Hectare
- Category: Small Scale Gold Mining (to be upgraded)
- Mine type: Alluvial, soft rock, open pit
- Deposit type: Gold
- Process method: Milling, Gravity
- Ownership: 100 % Thazin Mining (SL) Co., Ltd.
- EIA license: EPA-SL 285 issued 14 October 2020
- Mining License: SML 2/2021 issued 27 January 2021 for 3 years with extensions
- STATUS: Estimated start production Q2/2021
The "Gori Hills Gold Project 1" is located within a 64 km2 exploration license with our JV partner. We started exploration in 2019 and had successful results, confirmed by bulk samples analyzed by SGS in August 2020. EIA license was issued in October 2020 and small scale gold mining license was approved in Dec 2020 and issued in Jan 2021. Further exploration is planned within the high potential exploration license.